Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Work It Wednesday: Benefits of Running


Don't these shoes just make you want to run? Every time I put them on I feel like I could run for miles...even if it is only a couple of blocks (typical newb).

I have a few friends who run & they've inspired me to start. And while yes, getting back into shape & ditching a few extra pounds is the main reason, there's so much more to it.

I'm no expert, but I've done a little bit of research & found quite a few extra reasons to keep myself motivated.

Running can...

relieve stress (HUGE factor for me!)

lower blood pressure (my Dr. will be ecstatic!)

help prevent bone & muscle loss (my mom was diagnosed with osteoporosis a couple years ago & I was told that I had a greater chance of acquiring it because of her diagnosis.)

helps fight disease (seriously, what's not to love about this one?)

improve general health (enough said!)

No comments:

Post a Comment