Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Chicken Gyro Salad with Tzatziki Sauce

I love chicken gyros. So much so, that I tend to completely pig out on them. My solution, turn it all into a salad. Now even though I pile it on my plate, I'm not sitting there eating 3-4 gyros (shhh, don't tell).


I use the Pita Bread & Chicken Gyros recipe from Annie's Eats.  The only difference is that I don't measure anything (imagine that) & I use sour cream in place of the plain yogurt that's called for in the chicken marinade. Then there's the Tzatziki. I have my own version for that.

For the Tzatziki:

•16oz. sour cream (at least)
•1/2-3/4 cucumber, peeled, seeded & finely shredded
•4-5 cloves garlic, minced
•splash of white vinegar
•splash of lemon juice
•1 tsp. dried dill
•salt & pepper

•Thoroughly mix all ingredients together & chill for at least 1 hour for flavors to blend.

For the Salad:

•lettuce, torn into pieces
•tomatoes, sliced
•cucumbers, diced
•red onion, sliced
•Feta cheese, if desired
•Tzatziki Sauce, recipe above

•Pile it all on a plate, grab a knife (yes, it's that kind of salad) & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment