Monday, June 3, 2013

Messy Monday: DIY Carpet Cleaner

I have 3 kids so occasionally they tend to make a mess of some sorts on the carpet that requires a little bit of scrubbing. But there's no need to get out the huge steam cleaner for a little spot here & there. So it's spot treatment time.

 I used to grab the carpet cleaner, spray the foam, inhale & choke. I would sound like I needed emergency assistance just from the fumes of the carpet cleaner while I was trying to hurry & scrub. Not cool. But luckily for me, that's never going to happen again. 

This is a picture of carpet with blood on it (somebody got a bad boo-boo one day) & we all know how difficult blood can be to remove.


As you can see, there's a huge difference! Still another scrub or two, to hopefully completely remove it. But that's fine by me since I won't be choking on fumes while I'm scrubbing.

How To:

•baking soda
•vacuum
•spray bottle
•1 Tbsp. Dawn dish washing soap
 •1 Tbsp. vinegar
•1 C. warm water
•old rag 

•Sprinkle baking soda on stain & allow to sit for 15 minutes before vacuuming up.
•In spray bottle, combine Dawn, vinegar & warm water. Shake lightly to combine.
•Spray directly on stain, allow to sit for 1 minute & start scrubbing with an old rag. 

*You may need to repeat spraying & scrubbing a couple times to completely remove.

1 comment: