Monday, June 24, 2013

Messy Monday: DIY Jewelry Cleaner

When i worked at a cafe, I had one of the bosses show me a cool way to clean my rings with the steamer on the espresso machine. Too bad I don't have one of those at home (not restaurant grade anyways). After that, I rarely cleaned my rings. Only occasionally at my in-laws. But now I can clean them whenever I want. And I didn't have to pay for a jar of solution with a drip tray. Which is good because I was always misplacing them.



I tried to get a good before & after picture of my rings, but I had an uncooperative camera & uncooperative kids. You'll just have to take my word for it or try it yourself.

How To:

•1Tbsp. dish soap (like Dawn)
•1Tbsp. baking soda
•1Tbsp. ammonia
•2C. warm water

•Mix all ingredients together by stirring.
•Slowly pour some in a small glass bowl & place jewelry in solution.
•Slowly swish in solution or allow to sit for a couple minutes depending on how dirty your jewelry is.
•Rinse off in cold water & towel dry.
•Keep solution in a tightly covered jar out of reach of children.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment