Saturday, June 22, 2013

Snacktastic Saturday: Lemon Ice

With high temps, you need a snack that can cool you down. Ice cream is perfect, if you have an ice cream maker (it's currently on my wish list). If ou don't, there's always Lemon Ice.

It was so hot & I forgot to chill my little bowl first...started melting right before my eyes. (LOL)

This isn't quick (it has to freeze after all), but it is easy. Not to mention refreshing!

How To:

•2C. water
•1C. sugar
•2/3C. lemon juice

•Bring all ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan.
•Lower heat & simmer for 5 minutes.
•Allow lemon mixture to cool. I usually place my saucepan in a large bowl with some cold water in it. Just stir the mixture & refresh your water every 5-10 minutes & it will cool down in no time.
•When cool enough, place in a metal bowl (or just leave it in your saucepan if you don't have one or can't find it to save your life) & place in the freezer.
•Freeze at least 30-45 minutes before stirring. Continue to stir every 15-20 minutes until done (it will be more like a thick slush).

*Note: Best served in chilled bowls.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment