Thursday, October 24, 2013

Think It Thursday: Saving For The Holidays

I know it's not even Halloween, but Christmas will be here soon enough. I consider myself a master procrastinator when it comes to my holiday shopping, but I always devise a plan to pinch a few pennies here & there a couple months in advance.


•I love a good cup of coffee, but with the right equipment & the power of Pinterest, I can save by whipping up all the mochas & lattes my little heart desires at home.

•Consider the DIY approach to household cleaners. You'll be amazed at the amount of money you can save! (Check out my DIY posts here.)

•Shop secondhand. I buy the bulk of my kids clothing at a children's resale shop. There's nothing like name brand for less when all 3 of your kids decide to outgrow their clothes at the same time. (With birthdays galore & holidays aplenty of course.)

•My main source of saving...online earning sites. I redeem for gift cards to use to purchase gifts. Amazon is by far my favorite, not only for their unique gifts, but I don't even have to leave the house! (Holiday shopping with young kids in tow...no thank you!)

•Make a budget & stick to it. It's so easy to get carried away, especially when it comes to shopping for kids. But keep it fair for them & easy on yourself!

•See something you like now at a great price? Pick it up! As long as you've got a secret hiding spot (if need be,of course) go for it. You'll be kicking yourself later if you don't.




No comments:

Post a Comment