Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Boylan Bottling Co.: Orange Cream Soda

The nostalgia of glass bottles full of soda pop (I'm a pop kind of gal, but didn't want to exclude you soda drinkers), can occasionally be seen on store shelves these days. But did you know that for one brand in particular, it's not nostalgia, it's a way of life.

Boylan Bottling Co. has been bringing you delicious sodas sweetened with pure cane sugar & packaged in glass bottles since the late 20th century. And although it came in many forms since 1891 (like unused beer barrels during prohibition...it did start as Boylan's Birch Beer after all), let's face it - everything tastes better in glass.



I received Orange Cream Soda to try & have to say that I had some pretty high expectations from the flavor name alone. My first sip immediately transported me back 25 years ago to a time I wish I could stay at forever. This is just the kind of drink my Grandpa would have stocked up for me on the back porch during those hot summer days! Then I began to notice the little things, like the flavor of an orange creamsicle staying at it's full bodied potential & the crispness it delivered with each sip. I thought for sure that I would chug every last drop from each bottle in a matter of minutes. It must have been the nostalgia or my sudden ability to savor, but my first bottle lasted about an hour with the last sip as good as the first. The second one was less fortunate since it was shared. And the other two were hidden so I could time travel again later. (Hey, at least I shared one!)

View this photo on Instagram!
  
But the part that makes me giddy, is knowing that I can get my Boylan Bottling Co. fix from a store I go to occasionally. (Thank you Soda Seeker!) Of course my occasionally will have to turn into a frequently, but that's OK with me. As long as I get to try some of the other flavors like Cane Cola, Original Birch Beer (of course) & Grape (just to name a few), I'll be a happy girl. Although I don't think any of them can make me smile as much as the Orange Cream Soda!

Keep up with the latest from Boylan Bottling Co. on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Pinterest.


**Disclaimer: I received these products to try from Boylan Bottling Co. & am simply sharing my personal opinion which may vary from yours. I was not compensated for this review.

22 comments:

  1. oh yummy I love Orange Cream! This sounds so delish! I def wanna try!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious! We only drink sodas sweetened with cane suger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds very good and I like that its made with cane sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love orange and cream anything!these sound amazing....yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see that there are some soda companies out there that don't use high fructose corn syrup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I love soda but I've never tried this kind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I love soda but I've never tried this kind!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to try the Creamy Red Birch Beer! I even checked their website and found that it's carried at a deli I go by a couple times a week! Can't wait to stop and try it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds yummy. Nice looking bottle too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy! This looks so good. I've never heard of them before so I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks yummy, though, I'd be partial to the Birch Beer. Good to know it has cane sugar in it!! I'll have to start looking for this brand at my local stores.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have had Boylan sodas before and they are delicious

    ReplyDelete
  13. They sound so GOOD! Gotta go find them in the stores, hope they sell at where I live at.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never heard of this soda, but it sounds amazing. Anything in a bottle tastes better anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum!! I sure wish they carried that where I live!! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yummy! Orange soda or pop as we call it is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds super yummy, love your blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the memories you shared! Glass bottles remind me of my childhood, I always had to share with my little sister. The drink was always crisp and cool. I haven't tried Boylan, checked out Soda Seeker, & not in my state. Cane sugar drinks are so unique. I'll look for Boylan in my travels. Craving one right now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never had one but I do know there is NOTHING like a Coke in a green glass bottle. The glass makes a huge difference in taste, I think. Not sure if the green makes any diff though :) I'm off to search for these locally. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete