Wednesday, October 2, 2013

EVOL Foods: I Love It!

It all started with two guys (from Bear Naked Granola actually) & then another guy & his burritos. "You won't believe these frozen burritos. They're actually good. Like, for eating." After that statement the wheels began to turn until the trio were in burrito bliss during the Spring of '09. Actually it was more like love. Backwards love. EVOL.


I'll admit to eyeballing these burritos at the store. But, being a frozen burrito of all things, how good could they actually be? The answer, they are good. Like, for eating!

There seemed to be only a limited variety at the store I went to, but I had to try the Steak Fajita Burrito with Guacamole. Everything about that just screamed deliciousness to me! Fire grilled steak, roasted peppers & onions, rice, black beans, cheddar cheese, roasted corn & salsa stuffed in a flour tortilla. But the best part, it came with a packet of guacamole. And it was good guacamole. All of the flavors complimented each other perfectly! I cooked this up in the microwave (I was borderline starving & wanted it ASAP) & it still didn't taste like the average frozen burrito. Shocking, I know.

 EVOL Foods also offers meals, flatbreads & pizzas, so I stepped out of my burrito box & decided to try a meal too.

Check out this photo on Instagram!
 
I must've been in a steak kind of mood at the store, because I went straight for the Fire Grilled Steak Meal. Fire grilled steak, black beans, cilantro lime rice, roasted red & green bell peppers & cheddar cheese topped with a cilantro lime pesto is just the combination I would order from a restaurant. Actually, it tasted like it could've come from a restaurant! Must be because EVOL is inspired by chef's, not science.



Another thing to love about EVOL, they strive to bring you the best tasting natural foods possible, packaged in landfill friendly ways. Meaning that just about everything is made from recyclable materials & can be recycled. Now I don't know about you, but just knowing how environmentally responsible this company is, makes their food taste even better! As if that were even possible. (Yes, I'm officially in love with EVOL.)


 Be sure you connect with EVOL Foods on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram & YouTube for the latest updates.


**Disclaimer: I received these products to try from EVOL Foods & am simply sharing my personal opinion which may vary from yours. I was not compensated for this review.

23 comments:

  1. Definitely going to try these. I love that they have a packet of guacamole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to hear this review! I've heard so many good things about Evol and I spied them in my grocery. Must try them-especially that burrito, yum! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YUM!! I feel the same, how good can a frozen ANYTHING be!! Good to know they have other tasty treats as well!! thx for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds awesome! So thankful there are more healthy options hitting the marketplace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing! I'm picky about freezer foods, but this looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They both look really filling. I normally don't like burritos, but that is beyond a burrito, and a gauc pack!! Yummm. Would eat both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks absolutely yummy. I am always looking for easy foods to take with me to work for lunches that are filling and this looks like it would fit the bill!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oo that looks yummy and it's good for you? Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks yummy! I will have to check my store for the brand next time I go grocery shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Annnndddd now I'm hungry! Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this kind of food. Going to have to try it. Like that they have a packet of guacamole.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this kind of food. Going to have to try it. Like that they have a packet of guacamole.

    ReplyDelete
  13. << yumeating.com non blogger blog I often wonder just how good prepackaged food still is even when they say its good. BUT - even so, when you are in a bind and in need of something at least there are brands out there that cut down on as much of the junk as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like that they are Gluten Free, since I can't eat gluten, but we only have them in our Target store here and they don't always carry them so it has been really hit and miss trying to get them. Wish we could find them in Walmart or something.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look so good! I've never seen the brand before but now I have to find them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've not tried these before but I will check them out thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  17. I, too, have seen these at the store. After reading your review, I think I'll try some next time! Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete