Monday, August 19, 2013

Messy Monday: How to Clean a Shower Curtain Liner

There's a few things around the house that are just a bit awkward to clean. Good thing they don't need done very often, but they do need done. One of them being the shower curtain liner. Now I know a few people who will simply pitch them & buy new, but I'm not a fan of throwing my money away. I'm also not a fan of attempting to scrub one clean with yucky cleaners in the tub. Talk about a big wet mess! 



How To:

•4 large towels
•1/2C. laundry detergent (I use my DIY Laundry Detergent. I could have actually used a bit less since you only use 2Tbsp. for a heavily soiled load of laundry, but I had quite a bit of build-up.)
•1/2C. baking soda
•1C. vinegar

- Set washing machine to a warm setting & fill. (A medium load setting should be good enough, it was for mine.)
- Add towels, laundry detergent, baking soda & shower curtain liner.
- Run washing machine on a delicate cycle.
- When the rinse cycle starts, add 1C. vinegar. (No fabric softener)
Hang to dry (preferably outside).

3 comments:

  1. Really?!?!? I didn't know I could put this in the washer?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it has to be estrictly with warm water?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does it has to be estrictly with warm water?

    ReplyDelete