Friday, August 30, 2013

Woolzies Dryer Balls


It happened. Less than two hours before we had to leave for soccer, it happened. "Mom, you forgot to wash my game socks!" Oh no! I did. I completely forgot. Usually I would suggest to my 7 year old to just grab a different pair of socks. Too bad they were having pictures taken before the game. But then I became hopeful, remembering the package of Woolzies I had just received the day before since they say they can reduce drying time by at least 25%. I threw a load of lights in the washer & hoped for the best. Of course the best would be that Paige wouldn't be wearing damp socks that would have surely made her cleats smell wretched. But much to my relief & astonishment, my load of whites was completely dry with about 5 minutes to spare before we had to rush out the door!
So what are Woolzies? Just what they sound like of course, wool. 100% Pure new Zealand Wool Dryer Balls if you'd like to get technical. We've all heard the trick of tossing in a few tennis balls (or other plastic/rubber dryer balls) into the dryer to cut back on dryer time right? Well, it's the same concept...but better. I'm always leery of the other methods, afraid they could ruin my clothes or lessen the life of my dryer. But Woolzies are light & all natural, not to mention they don't sound like an elephant stampede when you have the dryer on.
Don't worry if you have a wool allergy either. Since they don't shred, your clothing won't come out with little bits of wool all over them. Although pilling will occur in their 1,000 load lifetime, it actually aids in the process.
I've been using Woolzies for a while now & I've noticed quite a difference! Even though I usually make my fabric softener to cut back on harsh chemicals & cost, it's just sitting there not being used since there's no need to use any with Woolzies. But the main thing, is cutting back on dryer time. There's been plenty of days this summer when it looked like it might have rained, which meant I wasn't going to take my chances at hanging up clothes outside. So it's been really nice staying on top of the laundry (I can be bad about switching loads over come afternoon time).


Connect with Woolzies on facebook & twitter!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment