Monday, August 12, 2013

Messy Monday: Cleaning a Stove Top Kettle

Let me start by saying that I have hard water. Very hard water actually. (I know this because we just recently tested it.) Now you can imagine the amount of sediment that can build up rather quickly in my stove top kettle. And we all know how difficult it is to attempt to scrub it out. Boy am I glad I don't have to do that anymore!


Yes. It's that simple.

How To:

•1 1/2C. apple cider vinegar (white vinegar burns my eyes too much doing this)
•1 1/2C. water
•4Tbsp. salt

•Combine all ingredients in stove top kettle.
•Bring solution to boil & continue boiling for 4-5 minutes.
•Remove from heat & allow to sit 2-3 hours.
•Swish the around to help break up some of the more stubborn sediment & thoroughly rinse.

*Note: If you have a very thick build up of sediment, you may need to repeat the process to thoroughly clean your kettle.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip. I have hard water too. Sigh. But I'd MUCH rather have that than well water. Ick! kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.

    ReplyDelete