Monday, April 15, 2013

Messy Monday: DIY Laundry Detergent

I like to save my family money where I can so that we can splurge on other things. One of the best ways Ive found is to make homemade cleaners.
Let's face it, laundry detergent can be pricey. especially if you do an obscene amount of laundry like I do. So unless there's a great sale or a high dollar coupon, i like to make my own. I know it sounds a bit...involved, but the best part is that even the kids can help me make it. Here's how.


•1 C. Borax
•1 C. Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda (not baking soda)
•1 bar Fels Naptha or Ivory soap, finely grated (I was making a double batch so I have 2 bars in my picture.)
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Stir 5 minutes or until grated soap is thoroughly combined. Store in an airtight container.
•1 Tbsp. per load
•2Tbsp. per heavily soiled load 

*Notes: 
•Recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, quadrupled, etc.
•Scent booster such as Downy Unstoppables can be added for a "fresh laundry scent". 

No comments:

Post a Comment