Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Work It Wednesday: Homemade Pore Strips

I've been meaning to pick up some Biore pore strips when I go to the store. But if I remember, which is rare, I just can't seem to do it. I mean, have you seen the price on those things?! So I decided to make my own (shocker!). They're not the same, but they work pretty good & the price is right. 




The most popular version of a homemade pore strip, is 1Tbsp. Knox Clear Gelatin & 1Tbsp. milk, microwaved for 10 sec., brushed on & peeled off when dry. But I didn't have any Knox, so I went for an alternative method. Whisk up an egg white a bit with a fork, brush it on & quickly cover with toilet paper. (It helps if you shape it to fit before you start.) When it's dry, just peel it off. You may need to grab a damp cloth to get any lingering bits of toilet paper, but that's no big deal. 
Just don't forget to place a warm washcloth on your nose first to open up your pores.

No comments:

Post a Comment