Monday, December 2, 2013

Messy Monday: Easy DIY Spot Remover

I was at my SIL's house this past weekend for my nephew's birthday party. Fast forward to cake & ice cream, in the form of Fudgsicles & Klondike bars. Yep, you guessed it! Hayden had a nice big chunk of Fudgsicle on the carpet by her chair. I immediately asked my SIL if she had any carpet cleaner so I could clean it up quickly (in hopes of not staining her carpet). She didn't. But she did have a spot remover that worked fantastic! And seeing as how it's super easy to make, I just had to share it!


•2 parts Hydrogen Peroxide
•1 part Dawn

- Combine it all in a spray bottle.
- Spray on stain, scrub in just a little & blot up. You may need a damp cloth to wipe it up a bit better depending on what you're spraying.

Works on carpet, couches & clothing for sure! I've been on a bit of a roll today, can you tell?

2 comments:

  1. I need to try this. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you I needed this. I saw blue Dawn used before but hopefully this works better. I will try it I have some stubborn stains!

    ReplyDelete