Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Stuffed Pepper Soup

One of my favorite comfort foods, are Stuffed Peppers. But my family only cares about what's inside the pepper. And that's only if i don't go crazy on the onions, which I usually do. So I decided to make it a soup instead. The result, aside from my oldest daughter & son whining that they didn't want any green peppers, they loved it!


•hamburger, cooked & crumbled
•tomato sauce
•diced tomatoes
•long grain white rice
•water
 •beef bouillon cubes
•onion, chopped
•green pepper, chopped
•salt & pepper
•brown sugar
•paprika

- Add desired amounts to a pot (I would give the measurements I ended up using, but I made enough to last a couple weeks - oops!) & bring to a boil.
-Reduce heat & cook over med.-low heat until rice is cooked through, 30-45 min.

*Don't forget, you can always taste & alter it as you go. So be sure to start out with smaller amounts of seasonings, including the beef bouillon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment