Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Magna Color 3D Magic with an Underwater Adventure

My kids love to draw & color. Unfortunately they also love to peel all the paper off of the crayons, break them into pieces & occasionally use the walls & kitchen cupboards as their "canvas" (only the 2 year old is guilty of the latter). So as you can imagine, I try to find other ways for them to "color".


Magna Color 3D Magic is the perfect solution!


A magnetic drawing studio serves as the "canvas" & magic dot pens filled with colored magnets serves as the "crayons". It even comes with 2 double sided stencils with an underwater adventure theme, which can be used in an interactive app.


Filling the pens is easy. At first my daughter thought that we had to somehow put each magnet in the pens by hand. And well, if we did then that was going to be her job (LOL!). When you flip the drawing studio over, you can see what looks like a very intricate process.


Just insert the colored pens into the appropriate color slot & push down until they click into place. Make sure the sliders are pushed to close the openings, especially since only 4 of the 6 colors are included.


Flip the drawing studio back over so that the magnetic board is facing you. Empty out the bags of the magnetic dots onto the board (opening those little suckers is the hardest part). Then grab the sweeper tool that sits under the left  hand side, to push them upwards. There's a little slat that you may have to hold open to make sure all of the magnetic dots go through the opening, especially the smaller ones. 

View this photo on Instagram!

This is where my fun begins! My daughter thought the amount of fun I had shaking the magnetic dots through the levels was hilarious. But it reminded me of some kind of old school game...that's my excuse & I'm sticking to it.


Once the magnetic dots have gone through to their appropriate levels, just push the slider for the pens open, turn the drawing studio on its side & shake.


The pens are super easy to use, you just push down to release.


If you choose to use a stencil, the bottom of the drawing studio lifts up to easily slide it in. And of course you can download the free Magna Color app to bring your stenciled creations to life. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to try it out yet since my tablet is being repaired. But the app will be a nice surprise to the kids when I do get it back.

This may be a bit too advanced for my 2 year old (recommended for ages 4 & up), but with some supervision & a little help, she gets to enjoy it like her brother & sister. And I have to say that I really enjoy not having a mess to clean up!

Keep up with the latest from Magna Color on Facebook & Twitter.


**Disclaimer: I received these products to try from Magna Color/Tech 4 Kids & am simply sharing my personal opinion which may vary from yours. I was not compensated for this review.
 

3 comments:

  1. That's different - would be fun for snow days!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! My only worry would be losing the little magnets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! I know my mom would love using one of these in her classroom, if the kids would be able to share it :)

    ReplyDelete