Saturday, December 21, 2013

Formulated P28: Original High Protein Foods

Protein is a vital part of a daily diet, especially if you're trying to build muscle or lose body fat. I'm trying to do both, mostly since it would help me with my yoga. But even if you're perfectly content & have no desire for either, protein is still needed by your body to help build & repair tissues. And since our body doesn't store protein, it needs to be consumed daily. 


Now when you think of foods that are high in protein, you think of fish, poultry, beans, nuts, eggs & leafy greens...right? How about breads, bagels, flat bread & spreads instead?


P28 High Protein Bread is made with 100% whole wheat, whey protein isolate, oats, flaxseed, sunflower seed & millet. It's also packed with Omega-3, amino acids & fiber. But that doesn't mean it lacks in the taste department.

This bread has a certain sweetness to it that I just couldn't get enough of. My favorite way to eat it was toasted with some eggs for breakfast. Of course the bread was much larger than my toaster would hold, so I had to toast it on it's side & then flip it to toast the other side. My husband thought that was hysterical, but he sure did devour it! Actually, I had the intentions of snapping a picture but then realized the second loaf was already gone.


P28 High Protein Bagels look like they came from a bakery! Which is good considering P28 was developed by 3 brothers in the bakery business & their personal trainer.

View this photo on Instagram!

Packed with the same goodness as the High Protein Bread, these bagels really seem to go the extra mile in providing energy. They were a bit to "chewy" for my liking, but my husband loved them. One half (that's all I could eat before I was stuffed), topped with a bit of pumpkin butter, really seemed to get me going in the morning.


P29 High Protein Flat Bread is amazing! Seriously, I could eat this every day. It has the same sweetness to it as the bread & bagels (along with the same main ingredients) but is more versatile.

Fold it & forget about it!

We made a pizza, wraps, quesadillas & my favorite spinach & turkey flatbread (which is basically me being too impatient to try & roll it up after over-stuffing it).

And then there was spread! With no added sugar, sodium, trans fat or cholesterol of course.


P28 High Protein Peanut Butter has the great taste of dry roasted peanuts with whey protein. I have to say that I've never seen peanut bitter quite so creamy before, so I keep it in the refrigerator (especially since it says it contains milk). Just a quick stir & it's good to go!


Then there was P28 Signature Blend. Almonds, peanuts, cranberries, sunflower seeds, honey, flax seeds, cinnamon & whey protein make up this delicious spread that never stood a chance in my house. This was great for those busy weekday mornings when I was starving , but in a rush to get my oldest off to school. Just a spoonful on some toast & I was content. Until I realized that the hubs finished it off.

So in case you haven't figured it out by now, there is 28 grams of protein in 1 bagel, 1 flat bread, 2 slices on bread & 2 (2Tbsp. each) servings of spread. Get it...P28! And seeing as how the recommended daily amount is 46 grams for women & 56 grams for mes, you're well on your way with P28 Original High Protein Foods

Keep up with the latest from P28 Foods on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & Instagram.

Don't forget to check out P28 Foods Menu Ideas.


**Disclaimer: I received these products to try from P28 Original High Protein Foods & am simply sharing my personal opinion which may vary from yours. I was not compensated for this review.

5 comments:

  1. Those looks really good! I'll have to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of P28 prior to this post. Looks really good! Thanks for sharing I'll be sure to give them a try.

    http://fabulousperks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds really good,i've never heard of it before.definitely going to have to try it out.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of it either and now I'm wondering about the carb content. I have to go see if this is diabetic friendly now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I think I would love these! I will have to look for them!

    ReplyDelete