What's for dinner? The age old question that usually results in looking through the cupboards to see what you have. I did this the other night & couldn't think of a thing to make (my shopping trip was planned for the next day), until I looked in my freezer. That's when I spotted a pie shell & had a deliciously brilliant idea!
•shredded chicken (I cheated & used a can of chicken, close enough)
•1 can cream of chicken soup
•frozen mixed veggies
•salt & pepper
•unbaked pie shell
*remember to use desired amounts
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream of chicken soup, a couple spoonfuls of sour cream, celery, onion, & frozen mixed veggies.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder & dried parsley.
- Evenly spread into pie shell.
- Top with mashed potatoes & carefully smooth out to edges.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat mat (for easy clean up because most likely you will have at least a little bit of a mess).
- Bake in a 350º oven 45-60 min. or until potato topping & pie crust is slightly browned.
- Allow to cool at least 15 min. before serving.
* Once you start cutting into this, the potato topping will begin to slide & it won't hold it's shape. But it still tastes great!