Thursday, April 11, 2013

Think It Thursday: Freezer Meals

I've recently been considering preparing some freezer meals, because let's face it, life gets hectic. I may not work outside of the home, but if you want to get technical, I do 20+ jobs a day. So when we have a day of errands, the last thing I want to do when I get home & settled is stand in the kitchen & make dinner. And let's admit, a full freezer is a major accomplishment. Especially on a meager grocery budget.

Now I pretty much have breakfast covered. I always have extra pancakes, french toast, waffles & slices of quiche in my freezer. But I do have to try out these Breakfast Burritos

For lunch I'm thinking "uncrustable" style PB&J sammies & small pizza crusts. (I need to think of a few more kid friendly options here.)

Then there's dinner. The mecca of freezer cooking. I already freeze leftover soups & single serve lasagna pieces. Which I thought was a good start. Especially since I thought that all of your food was cooked prior to the freezing stage. I was wrong (in case you didn't know.) I found a couple blogs with what looks like some awesome recipes.

But don't forget dessert! Or snacks. Or side dishes. One of these weekends I'm going to have to whip up a few...or more. Besides, it's a great excuse to stock up on a good sale! *wink*

Have you ever tried freezer meals? 

No comments:

Post a Comment