Saturday, April 13, 2013

Snacktastic Saturday: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips

Earlier this week it was in the 70's. Pure heaven for spring in NE Ohio. (We'll overlook the fact that it's now in the 50's.) Of course that first little bit of heat instantly has me wanting some fruit. So after I finally made it to the store, I got everything I needed for fruit salsa. (I already had everything for the cinnamon chips.)


Now some may refer to this more as a fruit salad, but when served with chips, it's salsa to me. Just toss in small pieces of whichever fruits you'd like. I used a can each of pineapple tidbits & mandarin oranges (drain most but not all of the juice), strawberries, kiwi & banana. Drizzle a bit of honey, sprinkle a bit of poppy seeds & give it a good stir. Just be sure you let it sit for about 20 minutes so the flavors can marry. - I always chuckle when I hear people say it that way.

For the cinnamon chips, cut pieces or tortillas & place on a baking sheet. Lightly spray with some nonstick cooking spray, dust with a cinnamon sugar mixture & bake in a 425 degree oven for a few minutes. Just be sure you keep a good eye on these so they don't burn.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment