Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Apple Butter Glazed Ham




Now back to the task at ham, err, hand. A while back I was looking for a recipe of some sort of sauce to serve with some ham steaks. I was so happy when I found one & loved it. But today, I decided to slightly modify it.

I followed the recipe for Apple Butter Ham Glaze, as much as I could without measuring anyways.  But then I brushed it right on my bone in ham I was about to put in the oven. Of course I couldn't just leave it at that. So I sprinkled black pepper & cinnamon generously over the top skin. Next up was a foil tent & a 275 degree oven for about 5 hours. Periodically I would brush on more glaze, but after 4 hours in the oven I decided to then score the ham & give it one more glazing. 

After 5 hours, I removed the foil tent, turned the oven up to 350 & cooked it until everywhere in the house smelled like ham. Which is more like 45 minutes in case you were wondering. 

The end result was the juiciest, tastiest ham I've ever made. I had a bit of the ham glaze left & used it as an accompaniment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment