Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Steak Salad

It's been 8 years since I said "I do" & so much has changed. Aside from the obvious (the kids), my hubs also asks for salads now. But not just any salad, a "man's" salad.
 
 
OK, so a Steak Salad isn't just for men, but you'd better have the appetite of one when you eat it! 
 
I should've taken a picture before the dressing so you could get the full effect. Unfortunately my taste buds were interfering with my brain waves & I was lucky my fingers were able to cooperate at all. Aside from grabbing a fork of course. (I had the total man appetite thing going on, you'll have to excuse me.)

How To:
•Start by making your salad however you like it. (Mine is lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes & red onion.)
•Top with homemade french fries (secret man ingredient), shredded cheddar cheese (or any other preferred kind) & sliced steak (cooked to desired doneness.)
•Top with dressing (I used an Asiago Peppercorn that was amazing on this salad) & a small handful of sliced green onions (if you're an onion fan, like me.)
 
This is a great way to trick any guy into eating a salad! And just so happens to be a great meal during those summer months when it's too hot to cook. 
 
Enjoy!

1 comment: