Thursday, April 18, 2013

Think It Thursday: Clean Eating vs. Paleo

I've been giving some serious consideration lately to clean eating & Paleo (a.k.a. the caveman diet). Although I've seen many body transformations from a Paleo diet alone, I just don't think I could do it. My main reason being, that I like my whole grains. 

That being said, I should probably start out with a less drastic approach & ease my way into the clean eating lifestyle. I already purchase organic products, but not exclusively, which is actually a start in itself. Plus I find it a lot easier to get an abundance of organic produce during the spring & summer months in NE Ohio.


Clean Eating:
•consuming food in it's most natural state
•nothing white (flour, sugar, rice, etc.)
•no processed or refined foods
•lean proteins & healthy fats (nuts)
•lots of organic fruits & vegetables
 •no preservatives or alcohol
•no or limited dairy



Paleo:
•consuming food in it's most natural state
•nothing white (flour, sugar, rice, etc.)
•no processed or refined foods
•lots of organic & grass fed lean meats
•lots of buts & healthy fats
•lots of organic fruits & vegetables
 •no preservatives or alcohol
•no dairy
•no sugar (unless from fruit or natural sweeteners such as honey or agave nectar)
•no legumes
•no grains
•no gluten

Have you ever considered a clean eating or Paleo lifestyle?

No comments:

Post a Comment