Friday, April 26, 2013

Fun Friday: Upcycled Wall Art


Let me start by saying that Pinterest is great to get the creative juices flowing. 

Know what that is? Toilet paper rolls. I mean, my new wall art. OK, it's both. I simply flattened the rolls & cut them into 1 inch pieces. Then I (Elmer's) glued 10 pieces together at one end & placed them in between books on the bookshelf to tightly secure them until they were dry. Then of course I opened it, & glued the 2 ends together to make what looks like a flower. (Paper clips came in handy for this part.)

So far I have 6 "flowers" glued together. Although I'm not too sure what to do next. Maybe make it a bit more elaborate in design? Perhaps a splash of paint here & there? Or maybe just a whole other piece (or more) of wall art. After all, there are 5 people in this house & a constant demand for toilet paper.

1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to do this project for so long! I have a bag full of toilet paper rolls but never got around to starting it lol

    ReplyDelete