Ohio is thawing out from everything the Polar Vortex dumped on us, but it's still winter. Which means that this Hearty Crock-Pot Beef Stew is still acceptable for dinner any night of the week.
*Remember to use desired amounts.*
•beef stew meat
•beef gravy mix
•dried minced onion
•red potatoes, scrubbed & diced
•carrots, peeled & sliced
•salt & pepper
•splash of milk
- In a medium sized bowl, toss beef stew meat with flour until thoroughly coated. Season with garlic salt, seasoned salt & black pepper. Allow to sit for 10 min.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, thoroughly brown beef stew meat in olive oil.
- In crock-pot, whisk together brown gravy mix, dried minced onion, parsley, garlic powder & water. Add beef & vegetable bouillon along with browned meat.
- Cook on HIGH heat 3-4 hrs.
- After 3-4 hrs, add red potatoes, carrots, celery & onion. Season with additional salt & pepper.
- Cook on HIGH heat another 3-4 hrs.
- Just before serving, mix a couple spoonfuls of cornstarch with a splash of milk. Carefully stir into beef stew. Turn heat OFF & allow to sit 2-5 min., stirring occasionally, until desired consistency is reached.