Monday, March 17, 2014

Fun Friday: Construction Paper Shamrock

I love to decorate for the holidays, but sadly, I don't have many when it comes to St. Patrick's Day. Unless you count the 50 million window clings (which I don't). But I do have plenty of construction paper, staples & kids who like crafts. And for the record, yes, I consider three kids plenty for me. 


I used green & yellow construction paper for my shamrocks.

•Cut the paper into strips lengthwise (we used a ruler as a guide, not the measurements, the ruler itself).
•Cut the yellow strips in half & the green strips about 3/4 of the way down. 
•Layer 4 strips, 2 long & 2 short, with the short ones on the outside. Staple one end in place. 
•Flip the yellow ends up to join together, followed by the green ends. Staple the ends together so that the paper strips now form a heart. 
•Join 3 or 4 of the "hearts" & staple or glue them together.
•Take 1 long green strip (full length), fold it in half & attach it for a stem. 
•Manipulate the paper into more of a shamrock shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment