Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Messy Monday: Homemade "Comet" Style Cleanser

We all know I'm a fan of homemade cleaners, but did you know I'm also a fan of using Comet to clean my kitchen sink? The two obviously don't go together, but I love the clean I get from the slight abrasiveness of it. Then it dawned on me, I could probably make something pretty close to it. 


•1/2C. Borax
•1/2C. Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda
•1/2C. baking soda
•1.2C. salt

- Place all ingredients in a bowl & stir to combine. 
- Store in an airtight container.

To use:

- Sprinkle on damp surface & allow to sit for 1 min. 
- Scrub in a circular motion.
- For deep stains you can spritz a bit of vinegar & allow it to sit for an additional 30 sec. before scrubbing it again.
- Thoroughly rinse with hot water. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment