Thursday, March 13, 2014

Snacktastic Saturday: Salami Wrapped Pickles

When I was planning Hayden's tea party for her birthday this past December, I asked some friends for some finger food ideas. That's when I first heard of "ham wrapped pickles". After the power of Google, I decided I would try them, with a couple of tweaks of course. Little did I know that we would devour half of them while preparing them. Now they're requested by someone at least once every couple of weeks. 


•salami, sliced relatively thin
•baby kosher dill pickles
•Greek yogurt/cream cheese blend (located right next to the cream cheese at the store)
•dry Italian salad dressing mix (I make my own with this go-to recipe)

- Start by taking your pickles & laying them on some paper towels to absorb the extra juice. They're easier to work with this way.
- Combine the Greek yogurt/cream cheese blend & dry Italian salad dressing mix. Set aside. 
- Slice the salami to a more rectangular shape & save the ends for another use.
- To assemble, spread a spoonful of the Italian cream cheese mixture on a piece of salami. Place a pickle at one end & roll. 
- Keep whole or slice in half. Secure with toothpicks if needed. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment