Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Snacktastic Saturday: Mug Cake

I have a confession. I love cake! However, I tend to favor cupcakes over an actual cake though. They're a good portion size, easy to share with friends & I can leave a few without frosting for the hubs. But what's a girl to do when it's 8:30 at night & you get the hankering for some cake?! The solution, mug cake!


Simply mix 1 box of Angel Food cake mix with 1 box of whatever flavor cake mix you'd like, in a gallon size zipper seal storage bag. (Shake well to combine.)

•3Tbsp. mug cake mix
•2Tbsp. water

- Combine mug cake mix & water in a mug.
- Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Microwave for 1 min. 
- Allow to cool slightly & enjoy!

* You can also add toppings! My current favorite is adding some chocolate pudding to a Devil's Food mug cake mix before microwaving. Then when it's done, I top it with vanilla bean ice cream for a Chocolate Lava Mug Cake Sundae! 

1 comment:

  1. This looks so delicious! I will have to try. I always wondered how I could make cake in a cup.

    ReplyDelete