Friday, January 24, 2014

Think It Thursday: Why I Want to be a Yogi

It all began with a hollow back handstand. Not by me of course, but that picture was what started me on my journey to becoming a yogi. I still consider myself a beginner, but the benefits I've reaped is what keeps me motivated. 

So, why do I want to be a yogi?

See my Pin!
 The Workout - Most don't consider yoga as a form of exercise, but my clothes fit much better & that speaks volumes to me!

Stress Less - In times of high stress, I've learned to breathe. To take a step back & genuinely breathe. Of course I still stress here & there, but nowhere near as much as I used to. 

Lower Blood Pressure - I am almost out of my blood pressure medication. Almost as in I've been taking my last 1 month supply for the last 3 months. But the good news, is that my blood pressure is still in the range that my doctor wants it to be. 

Better Performance - Yoga helps with flexibility, or "being bendy" in yogi speak. Add that to the better breathing & my other workouts seem like a piece of cake! Well, not really since I've increased my reps, but I get much farther before it gets difficult.

Healthy Lifestyle - One thing I've noticed is that I've been making healthier decisions. Of course I still indulge or eat the occasional fattening food, but if I don't get fresh fruits or veggies at just about every meal...

Be Happy - Being happy is just synonymous with being a yogi.

No comments:

Post a Comment