Sunday, January 19, 2014

Snacktastic Saturday: Macaroni Salad

When you think of macaroni salad, you generally think of summer barbecues, right? I know I sure do. Which explains why I love to whip some up in the middle of winter (yes it's usually accompanied by some kind of meat grilled on my indoor grill pan, over-priced corn on the cob & out of season fruit salad). But I always make extra macaroni salad. There's just something about eating a small dish of it while drinking some sweet tea that reminds you the dog days of summer will be here soon enough.


*Remember to use desired amounts.

•macaroni noodles, cooked, drained & rinsed under cold water
•onion, chopped
•relish (I prefer a sweet & spicy version)
•hard boiled eggs, chopped
•mayonnaise
•mustard (I'm a yellow kind of gal)
•salt, pepper, parsley & paprika to taste

- Mix all of the ingredients together & allow to chill for at least an hour. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment