The hubs is a huge fan of enchiladas, but on busy nights when there's a million things to do, I opt to make Enchilada Pie instead. It still has that yummy enchilada taste, but takes far less time to prepare. And as an added bonus, the kids prefer this version just because it's a "pie".
• 1lb. hamburger
• 2 small cans enchilada sauce
• nonstick cooking spray
• 6-8 flour tortillas
• 1 bag (2C.) shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
• sour cream & sliced green onions, if desired
• In a large skillet over medium heat, brown hamburger & drain off any grease.
• Add one can of enchilada sauce & simmer for 5-10 min.
• In a glass pie pan, lightly spray nonstick cooking spray.
• Spoon just a bit of enchilada sauce from the second can on the bottom of the dish before layering tortilla, hamburger mixture & a pinch of shredded cheese.
• Repeat layers until hamburger mixture is gone.
• Top with remaining enchilada sauce & remaining cheese.
• Bake in a 375º oven for 20 min. or until the sauce is bubbling & the cheese is melted.
• Allow Enchilada Pie to sit for 10-15 min. before slicing.
• Top with sour cream & sliced green onions, if desired.