I'm just going to cut to the chase with this Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. I made this for the hubs birthday this year & it was a hit! Plus it was another excuse for me to eat something pumpkin flavored.
• 2C. sugar
• 4 eggs
• 1C. oil
• 2C. pureed pumpkin
• 2C. flour
• 2tsp. baking powder
• 1tsp. baking soda
• 2tsp. cinnamon
• 1/2tsp. allspice
• 1/2tsp. ground ginger
• 1/2tsp. nutmeg
• 1/2tsp. salt
• 8oz. (1pkg.) cream cheese, softened
• 2Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
• tsp. pure vanilla extract
• splash of milk
• 2C. powdered sugar
• Preheat oven to 350ºF.
• In a large bowl, cream together sugar, eggs, oil & pumpkin.
• Mix in flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, nutmeg & salt.
• Pour mixture into a greased 9x13in. baking pan.
• Bake for 35-45 min., or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
• Allow cake to cool completely.
• For frosting, beat cream cheese & butter together until combined.
• Add vanilla, milk & powdered sugar 1/2C. at a time.
• Spread frosting over cake.
• Store covered, in the refrigerator.