My mom collects pine cones all year for me. Some are actually pretty big, making them a perfect compliment to my holiday decor. Especially if I make them scented with the sweet smell of cinnamon.
• On a foil lined baking sheet, bake your pine cones at 225º for 45 min. This will not only kill any bugs or bacteria, but open the pine cones up as well.
• Allow the pine cones to cool completely.
• In a small spritz bottle, combine a bit of water with a few drops of essential or fragrance oil (you can use any scent you'd like, although cinnamon is a favorite this time of year).
• Spritz the pine cones & place them in a large resealable bag.
• Keep the pine cones in the bag for a week, giving a few extra spritzes every day.