Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Snacktastic Saturday: Roasted Garlic Hummus

I love hummus & I love roasted garlic. But for some reason, I can never find the perfect combination of both at the store. So obviously I had to stock up on chickpeas & make my own. And guess what happened? I need more chickpeas! 


•5-7 cloves of roasted garlic*
•1 can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
•3-4Tbsp. lemon juice
•3Tbsp. sesame tahini
•2-3Tbsp. olive oil
•1tsp. salt
•1/4-1/2tsp. cayenne pepper

- Add roasted garlic & chickpeas to the bowl of a food processor & pulse until thoroughly broke down. 
- Add remaining ingredients & pulse to blend to a nice creamy consistency. If necessary, add a splash of water to help smooth out. 

*To roast garlic, peel cloves & place on a sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle with olive oil & roll up to seal. Bake in a preheated 425ยบ oven until nice & fragrant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment