Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Taco Dip

I have a confession to make. Every time I go to Taco Bell, I ask for a handful of mild sauce. For two reasons. The first, that everyone's "handful" varies (from 2-20) so it's nice to have some extra at home in case I need more. And second, I use it in my Taco Dip.


This stuff is the bomb diggity! And it can easily be adapted to please picky eaters, like my kids.

How To:

•1-8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
•1-16 oz. container sour cream
•1 lb. hamburger, browned & drained
•1 pkg. taco seasoning
•taco sauce
•shredded cheese (i use cheddar)
•desired toppings such as shredded lettuce, diced tomato, sliced green onion &/or whatever else you'd like
•Tortilla chips

•Combine taco seasoning & browned hamburger according to pkg. directions. Place in 8x8 glass baking dish & set aside.
•In medium bowl, beat cream cheese & sour cream on medium speed until well combined. Spread over hamburger.
•Drizzle with taco sauce & top with shredded cheese.
•Allow to sit for 15 min. for flavors to blend.
•Top with additional desired toppings & serve with tortilla chips.

*Note: This is best served at room temperature, so when eating leftovers let sit for 15-20 min. prior.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment