Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Potato Crusted Scrod

Once upon a time, there was a young girl who would never eat seafood. Over the years , her mother was able to get her to eat a Filet 'o Fish (smothered in tartar sauce & cheese of course). It wasn't until years later, that she finally succumbed to peer pressure from her boss & tried some scrod (among other things). She fell in love.

Of course that young girl is me. And while I do love scrod, I have yet to get too adventurous with other kinds of fish. But back to the scrod, shall we?

Served with fresh asparagus with Hollandaise sauce & cheesy rice

This is my adaptation of the scrod we served at a cafe I used to work at. It's so good that I could probably eat it a couple times a week (if I could of course).

How To:

* Tip: Start by peeling & soaking the potato in a bowl of cold water for at least an hour

•scrod
•potato, peeled, soaked & grated 
•lemon pepper seasoning
•paprika
•white cooking wine
•coarse sea salt, ground black pepper & dried parsley flakes
•nonstick cooking spray

•Spray a glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray
•Add fish & sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning & paprika
•Top with grated potatoes (Don't be afraid to mound them)
•Sprinkle white cooking wine (just a splash), coarse sea salt, ground black pepper & dried parsley flakes over top
•Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes just begin to brown slightly

Please excuse my lack of measurements, after all, you should be used to that by now.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment