Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: No Bake Island Cheesecake

I've been known to experiment in the kitchen on more than one occasion. Sometimes I fail miserably, but other times have me thinking I'm a culinary genius. Today, I was just shy of genius level.


This picture doesn't give this cheesecake justice. For starters, I just couldn't seem to get my white chocolate to cooperate enough. So I opted for a good smearing instead. But seeing as how the whole thing only lasted less than 8 hours before it was devoured, I don't think it mattered.

How To:

•vanilla wafer cookies
•macadamia nuts
•1Tbsp. granulated sugar
•1/4C. butter or margarine, melted
•8oz. cream cheese, softened
•8oz. whipped topping, thawed
•1/4C. crushed pineapple (with juice)
•3Tbsp. shredded sweetened coconut
•melted white chocolate for drizzling

•Place desired amount of vanilla wafer cookies & macadamia nuts into a food processor & process to a fine crumb. (Sorry for the lack of measurements on this, if you make to much just freeze the excess.)

•Combine crumbs with melted butter or margarine & sugar. Press down to cover the bottom & just a little up the sides, of a pie plate. 

•With a mixer, beat cream cheese & whipped topping until thoroughly combined. Add pineapple & coconut & beat again for just a minute.

•Spread cheesecake mixture onto crust. Drizzle white chocolate over top.

•Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.

Enjoy!


1 comment: