Friday, February 28, 2014

Fun Friday: Framed Photo Makeover

I had a framed Anne Geddes print that I bought for myself when I was a teenager. I remember spending close to $100 for the print & a 10x36 frame (I think that's what size it is & it was a bulk of the price). So obviously I didn't want to throw it out even though I had no use for it. 

A few months ago I got some adorable Pastel Owl Prints by Paul Brent for Hayden's bedroom. But for some reason, I couldn't find 4 good quality 8x8 frames in the color I needed. Then one day, I saw the framed Anne Geddes print peeking out from behind a cupboard. (Yes, I kept it behind a cupboard.) That's when I got the idea to use the frame for the Paul Brent prints. 


All I did was take the Anne Geddes print out & paint the cardboard a color that would go with the Paul Brent prints. Then all I needed was some tape, a ruler & help from the hubs since I can mess up a straight line with a ruler. 

View this photo on Instagram!
 I've gotta say, I really love the way it turned out. And Hayden gave it the seal of approval, "I like my purdy pitcher mom." 

 Do you have any framed photos that could use a makeover?

No comments:

Post a Comment