Saturday, February 22, 2014

BRIANNA'S Fine Salad Dressings

Salad dressings have really gotten a bad rap lately. But that's mostly because people like to add  little salad to their dressing instead of the other way around. But with the right salad dressing & the right blend of ingredients, you can bring your "rabbit food" to a whole new level of deliciousness. (I've always thought those rabbits were onto something!)

The folks at BRIANNA'S Fine Salad Dressings were kind enough to send me 4 of their home style salad dressings. I know "home style" doesn't usually go with store bought dressings, but these are made with fresh ingredients in small batches. Just like you would make them yourself at home. (Get it now?)


Asiago Caesar
This Asiago Caesar has a more robust taste compared to other Caesar dressings (partly because of the Asiago cheese & balsamic vinegar). Which actually makes it perfect for outside the salad bowl. I think I'll try it out as a replacement to a garlic cream sauce the next time I make my Sun Dried Tomato Pasta. 

View this photo on Instagram!

My hubs is what I refer to as a Caesar snob. It's always his first choice, but there are few that he actually likes. So I consider myself lucky that I got to enjoy a Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad for dinner one night, because before I knew it the bottle was gone. (It's now the only Caesar dressing that I buy.)

Sorry, I couldn't resist & tried it before I remembered to snap a pic.

Rich Santa Fe Blend
More often than not, most Southwestern style dressings have a whole lot of heat that tends to overpower their flavor. That's definitely not the case with the Rich Santa Fe Blend! With an aroma of peppers & tomatoes (kind of like taco sauce), this dressing is perfect on taco salads. Not to mention fat free (unlike the sour cream you would pack on otherwise).

Best chimichangas...ever!

I have to tell you all, that I had an idea after tasting this dressing. And it turned out delicious! Add a bit to some shredded chicken & shredded cheddar in a bowl - don't forget to stir. Then place a spoonful or two on a flour tortilla, roll up, seal with toothpicks & brown in a bit of olive oil. What do you have? Chimichangas! But not just any chimichangas. Chimichangas that taste like they came from a Mexican restaurant.


Champagne Caper Vinaigrette
I thought I would be daring & give this dressings a try. And I have to say that I'm really glad I did! This mixture of champagne vinegar, Dijon mustard & crushed capers are quite the combination. With just the right amount of tang, of course. 

Nom!

Champagne Caper Vinaigrette is the perfect compliment to homemade pita bread stuffed with lettuce, tomato, onion & grilled steak. Or salmon. Or as a light glaze on scallops. Or...just about anything.

You can't tell how much I love this, can you?

Blush Wine Vinaigrette
In a surprise twist, I thought that the Blush Wine Vinaigrette would be a sweet accompaniment to say...strawberries. (Wonder where I got that idea?) And while it is quite tasty with strawberries, it's also quite tangy. But then again, red wine vinegar is the base ingredient.


My (current) favorite way to enjoy this dressing is with a Tomato Salad. Tomatoes, avocado, green onion & Blush Wine Vinaigrette...oh look at that, it's snack time! 

The folks at BRIANNA'S Fine Salad dressings, have a desire to create a superior product with a consistently high quality. I can't speak for you, but I have to say that I'm really glad that they can live up to those expectations. And my Caesar snob hubs agrees. 

•No High Fructose Corn Syrup
•No Trans-Fats
•MSG Free
•Made with Heart Healthy Canola Oil
•11 All Natural Dressings
•10 Gluten Free Dressings
•Fat Free and Sugar Free Dressing Options
•Vegetarian and Vegan Dressing Options
•Lactose Free, Egg Free & Low Carb Dressings

Be sure to check out what other flavors BRIANNA'S Fine Salad Dressings has to offer, as well as their recipes.

Keep up with the latest from BRIANNA'S Fine Salad Dressings on Facebook & Pinterest.


**Disclaimer: I have received products to try from BRIANNA'S Fine Salad Dressings & am simply sharing my personal opinion which may vary from yours. I was not compensated for this review.


4 comments:

  1. That salad looks delicious =) I actually have a bottle of salad dressing in my fridge from the same company but I think it is the artichoke dressing one. It tastes great. Thanks for sharing those yummy pics. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this dressing in my local supermarket but never tried it. I'm glad to know it tastes great. Might give it a try. Melissa, this is #2
    Cheers,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had the Caesar dressing and it is excellent. I would love to try the blush wine one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love the Blush Wine Vinegrette! We use it on Strawberry Spinach salad and it is heavenly! It's the only salad with fruit that I can get hubby to eat!

    ReplyDelete