There is nothing quite like a bowl of piping hot soup in the winter. Except maybe a bowl of piping hot soup & a slice of crusty bread. Yea, don't forget the bread.
|Like I said, soup is always better with crusty bread.|
•3-4 cloves garlic, minced
•mushrooms, sliced (any kind will do)
•1/4tsp. dried thyme
•2 bay leaves
•1Tbsp. cornstarch mixed into 1 1/2Tbsp. milk
•salt & pepper
•crusty bread, sliced thick
*Please use desired amounts.
- In a large pot, saute the garlic in a bit of olive oil & margarine until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms, onion, thyme, bay leaves, Worcestershire & a bit of pepper. Cook over med. heat for 5-10 min.
- Add vegetable stock & bring to a boil. Lower heat & simmer 15 min.
- Slowly add the cornstarch & milk mixture, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Carefully add cream & milk a bit at a time to get the right consistency & flavor. (I like to go a bit heavy on the cream & then thin it out with the milk.)
- Season with salt & additional pepper.
- Serve with crusty bread. (Pop a loaf of French bread in the oven for about 5 min. & you're all set.)