Friday, February 28, 2014

Guilt Free Snacking with Skinnypop

**Disclaimer: I have received products to try from SkinnyPop Popcorn & am simply sharing my personal opinion which may vary from yours. I was not compensated for this review.
 

Popcorn is a pretty popular snack in our house, especially on movie nights. But of course not just any kind of popcorn will do. Well, for me anyways. I like to use my grandparents air popper I inherited (still works like a charm after 30 years - give or take a few). But plain popcorn is out of the question. So of course comes the gobs of melted butter & salt. Yep, I have now successfully taken a healthy snack choice & turned it into nothing but a bowl of high cholesterol. (Insert sad face here.)


That's where SkinnyPop Popcorn comes in to save the day (or night)! This popcorn is light like air popped (pre-butter drowning), but much to my surprise it's packed with a whole lot of flavor. It's not as butter tasting as I'm used to, but I think I might actually like it better that way. (Whoa, totally surprised myself on that last sentence.)


So what's the skinny on SkinnyPop? Pretty much everything! SkinnyPop Popcorn is skinny on the ingredients & their Original flavor is made with just all natural popcorn, sunflower oil & salt. But the best part, 4C. is only 155 calories! (I think I had just as many calories in 4 pieces of popcorn when they were slathered in butter & salt.)

View this photo on Instagram!

SkinnyPop Popcorn also comes in Black Pepper, Ultra Lite White Cheddar & Naturally Sweet flavors. 


Keep up with the latest from SkinnyPop Popcorn on Facebook & Twitter.

12 comments:

  1. I love popcorn! I'd like to try the white cheddar, sounds yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've always loved white cheddar popcorn. I need to try this low cal brand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love popcorn and this looks so good. I could eat the whole bag in a sitting

    ReplyDelete
  4. popcorn is a great snack and even good in tomato soup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My whole family loves popcorn! I am trying to lose weight right now so these would be perfect for me.Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just love popcorn in our house. My son asks for it as a snack often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nom nom nom! I want the cheddar popcorn! Sounds yummmy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard of this, but still haven't been able to find it in our stores. Living in the mountains means we get all the "new" stuff when it's on everyone else's discontinued aisle! :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to try the Ultra Lite White Cheddar...it's funny how those older air poppers have really stood the test of time...speaks volumes about today's level of craftsmanship.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love popcorn here but generally go for the Microwave kind. I'm adding this to my grocery list right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love popcorn but I've never seen these around here. Iwill have to look for them now.

    ReplyDelete