Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Tangy Dijon Vinaigrette

It's common in the warmer months, but whoever heard of eating a big salad for dinner when it's cold outside? This girl, that's who! But of course that means that just any dressing won't do. Well, I'm sure it would, but in my mind it won't. I prefer something more robust & packed full of flavor.

This dressing is perfect with grilled steak or chicken on top of a basic salad. Actually, it would probably go great with some grilled salmon too. (And by grilled, I mean my George Foreman or my grill pan. It is almost December in NE Ohio after all.)
 •2tsp. rice vinegar
•2tsp. white cooking wine
•3Tbsp. Dijon mustard
•1/2tsp. lemon juice
•pinch of garlic powder
•1/2C. olive oil
•salt & pepper to taste

-Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl.
-Store in a jar with a tight fitting lid & shake thoroughly before each use.

1 comment:

  1. well that sounds pretty taste if I do say so--and that is not just a salade--its a meal--lol-- anyone would enjoy and be very full-- maybe a cup of Hot Tea, and honey later. <3

    ReplyDelete