Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Smoked Turkey Rachel

This has to be one of my favorite sandwiches. Ever. I could go on & on about how good it is, but instead I'll just tell you how to make it.


You'll need:
•Focaccia Bread: you can make your own by placing basil, oregano, rosemary & parsley on top of Italian bread dough lightly brushed with olive oil. Bake as directed.
•Coleslaw: I use this recipe, but it's really up to personal preference
•Smoked Turkey, chipped (make sure it's smoked)
•Swiss Cheese, sliced
•1000 Island Dressing

*A griddle is the best place to prepare this sammie, but you'll have to work fast. 

Taking a sandwich size piece of focaccia bread, slice it in half & lightly toast. When toasted, top each end with Swiss cheese & a bit of 1000 Island.

Heat a serving of turkey & coleslaw (combined). When heated through, place on bottom half of bread. Replace top. Eat & enjoy.


 Great with a side of sweet potato fries sprinkled with a bit of seasoned salt.

*NOTE: I always dip mine in extra 1000 Island. The messier, the better in my book.
 

3 comments: