Monday, March 11, 2013

Crimes of Fashion Series

I have a confession to make. I once watched a Lifetime movie & I loved it. OK, it may or may not have happened more than once. Actually it was at least twice, but that's all I'm going to divulge.

Back to the movie(s) in question: Killer Hair & Hostile Makeover. I don't remember many details of them, except that Maggie Lawson (Jules from Psych) played the main character of Lacey Smithsonian. So of course I ended up on Amazon, searching for these movies. I was a bit bummed at first that I couldn't find them, but then I realized I found something even better!


Introducing the Crimes of Fashion series by Ellen Byerrum. There are currently 9 books in the series, with the 9th just being released on February 5th, 2013. You can imagine my excitement when I discovered that! (Just waiting for it to ship now. Yes, I need all of them.)

Each book (although I'm only on the 2nd) follows Lacey Smithsonian, a D.C. fashion reporter for the Eye Street Observer who always seems to find herself solving crimes. Like murder. And while I'm not too keen on the fashion lingo, I am a huge fan of crime solving novels. Therefore making this series right up my alley. I just hope I can finish them all this year.

Crimes of Fashion Series:

•Killer Hair
•Designer Knockoff
•Hostile Makeover
•Raiders of the Lost Corset
•Grave Apparel
•Armed & Glamorous
•Shot Through Velvet
•Death on Heels
 • Veiled Revenge  NEW!


7 comments:

  1. oh!!! That's a nice collection to look forward to reading. Loving the names too, lol. They sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I am going to add these to me "to read" list! I hope my swap group has some listed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to check these out. Anything about crime spikes my interest even if it's crimes of fashion, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these kind of books! I haven't heard of this series. Now I will be looking them up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I am not able to read ever right now but once my 1 year old gives me a little time I will check out this series. I prefer to read series over single books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those sound like interesting books. I'm like you, when a series is happening-I NEED them all. I'm going to check out prices.Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to have to see if these are avail for my new Kindle Santa brought.

    ReplyDelete