Thursday, March 21, 2013

Bruschetta

It's about that time to start planning the garden for this coming season. Which makes me think of all the yummy dishes I can make with my harvests. Zucchini bread, cucumber salad, buttery sweet corn on the cob... & Bruschetta. Of course it's more cost effective to grow your own ingredients, but when I want some Bruschetta the most I can wait is a few days.


There are so many ways you can serve this, on grilled chicken, over pasta, on a salad, or even in a sandwich. But my go to is always on a roll of some sorts.



You'll need:
•Roma tomatoes, finely diced
•fresh basil, finely chopped
•red onion, finely diced
•garlic, minced
•olive oil
•Balsamic vinegar
•cream cheese, softened
•roll of some sorts, unsliced (sub bun, French bread, Ciabatta, etc.)
•salt & pepper

Slice your bread at an angle to make your pieces slightly larger & toast in a 400 degree oven until just slightly browned.


Spread with cream cheese & place back in oven for just a few minutes.


In a med.-lg. bowl (depending on how much you're making), combine remaining ingredients in desired amounts. This is the best part, give it a quick taste & adjust to your liking. I always put in quite a bit of garlic & balsamic vinegar. OK, & onions too.

Now is the time to top your crispy bread coated with creamy goodness, with your mouth watering Bruschetta. Yes, you'll be amazed at how much a difference that cream cheese makes.

Enjoy & make sure you plant tomatoes, basil, red onion & garlic in your garden. 

18 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love bruschetta! Thanks for this awesome recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made this a milion times and never thought to add cream cheese layer. wow. definitely trying this.
    this dish reminds me of summer....

    ReplyDelete
  3. just started my spring garden will have to try this recipe.yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my all time favorite italian go to's LOVE this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing! and now I'm hungry! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks yummy and easy to make

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is.. BEAUTIFUL! I would eat that in a heart beat, I need to try this as one of my Smart Carb options for the diet!!! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks so good, and I wish I could grow in my crappy garden cause I love all the fresh stuff right at home!! I love Bruschetta, man, im so hungry now...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aha!! Cream cheese is the secret!!! Thank you so much for sharing! Magic!! It looks so yummy! Maybe I'll do a vegetable garden this year! kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yummy yummy yummy

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds good im ALWAYS looking for new recipes! I make sure I attempt at least one new recipe a month or more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh my gosh, yumm! Its 9 in the morning here and you already have me drooling for dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great recipe! It looks amazingly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Also, for your great posts, I'm giving you the Liebster Award! :) You can check out the details on my blog - http://cosdesign.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yummy!! This is making me seriously hungry! Great recipe, I will try it over the weekend!

    Jadey

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks so good!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete