Thursday, March 28, 2013

Grey's Anatomy: "Can't Fight This Feeling"

Tonight is a bittersweet victory for all parents of KD (Kawasaki Disease) kids. And we have Grey's Anatomy along with special guest Sarah Chalke to thank. Yep, it's that epic!


Sarah Chalke, a KD mom herself (her son was diagnosed a year ago), relives her experience of getting a proper diagnosis in tonight's episode, "Can't Fight This Feeling". (View the sneak peek here.)

Sarah Chalke starring on Grey's Anatomy

While many of us will be thrust back in time reliving our own experiences with our KD kids, we will also be smiling ear to ear for KD having such a large recognition. On a #1 show on primetime television! Eeek!


To celebrate, share stories & raise awareness; the KD Foundation is hosting virtual "viewing parties" on facebook & twitter.

facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/kawasakidiseasefoundation
twitter: https://twitter.com/theKDF #KDGA #KawasakiDisease

"The one thing that was important to me was that the symptoms would be mentioned and shown so that as a parent when you're watching, you're able to see the symptoms and have this visual trigger,"
~Sarah Chalke

So please, even if you're not a Grey's Anatomy fan, tune in TONIGHT at 9/8 central. And be sure to tell everyone you know too. You never know when you might hold the knowledge to save a child's life.

For more information on Kawasaki Disease, please visit The Kawasaki Disease Foundation and The Faces of Kawasaki Disease.




16 comments:

  1. so happy they are showing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't watched Grey's in a very long time but I'm happy to hear this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a good show!its awesome they are doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a good show!its awesome they are doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen this show. I've heard it's very good. This really makes me want to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard a ton of great things about this show!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love when shows get behind real feelings, especially about children, and things that mean something. I liked them on facebook, and twitter. This needs to be shared =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Angel! Will share, thanks for posting this :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never heard of this but I am watching and listening!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow that's fab! :) Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am watching it right now. I am glad they are discussing this subject on here. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. One more reason I love that show... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Grey's and I am excited that there will be awareness about this disease!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is my show oh yeah

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never seen the show but always been meaning to watch. Maybe I should look it up in Netflix :)

    ReplyDelete