Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patty's Day

Today I was Irish. Slightly. At least in the kitchen.


Crock Pot Corned Beef & Cabbage with Beer.

Layer large chunks of potatoes, carrots & onion. Followed by water, corned beef brisket (fat side up) & beer. Sprinkle the seasoning packet from the brisket evenly over the fat. Cook on HIGH 6 hours (or so). Brush off seasoning & remove fat as best as you can. Top with sliced cabbage, salt & pepper. Continue cooking on HIGH 30-60 minutes or until cabbage is wilted.
 (*measurements based on personal preference.)

  Irish Soda Bread. This recipe was amazingly simple & delicious. 


And then there was dessert.


A Green Velvet Cheesecake Cake. Let's just say that Recipe Girl is a genius. And I'm officially addicted.

There was also a homemade "Shamrock Shake" made with vanilla ice cream, a bit of milk & some Torani Creme de Menthe syrup. (They were slurped up before I could get a picture.)

Did you have any festive food?

5 comments:

  1. This all looks so wonderful. I would stuff myself silly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy yummy looks great

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow that all looks amazing, especially the Green Velvet Cheesecake ;) will definitely have to give that one a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg..I wish I would have seen this before St Patricks day! How yummy!

    ReplyDelete