Thursday, December 27, 2012

Tater Tot Casserole

So we had some snow in NE Ohio yesterday. Naturally that made me want some comfort food. But not just any comfort food, I wanted Tater Tot Casserole.


Before I get started, let me say that I have seen many different recipes for this with veggies in it. If that's what you're looking for...this isn't it. (Might I suggest a small salad or some veggies on the side perhaps?) But if you happen to have a love affair with cheese...keep reading.


You'll need:
-1 lb. hamburger
-1 small onion, diced (or 3 if you love them like I do)
-1 can cream of mushroom soup
-1 bag frozen tater tots
-1/2 block of regular size Velveeta cheese, cubed (8 oz. maybe?)
Not pictured:
-9x13 glass baking dish
-nonstick cooking spray
-aluminum foil

Start by cooking your hamburger & diced onions in a skillet over medium heat until meat is browned & onions are tender. Drain off any grease. (Shhh, don't tell but I forgot to take pictures of this part.)


While your meat is cooking, spray the 9x13 glass dish with nonstick cooking spray. Layer tater tots.


Get your cream of mushroom soup ready. Add 1 can water in a small saucepan over medium heat & cook until thoroughly combined. (I did remember to take this picture though. All better now?)

Your hamburger & onions should be done by now. Evenly spread out (as best as you can) over the tater tots.


Live action shot! OK, so it's a bit crooked. Anywho, evenly pour the soup over your dish.


And then comes the cheese!!! Cover with foil & bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.


End result: Cheesy, potato, hamburger heaven. Also known as Tater Tot Casserole. Let it cool for 15 minutes before digging in. (P.S. salt & pepper is a must. Well in my world it is anyways.)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment