Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Tasty Tuesday: Roasted Garlic Shrimp

Since I've been making a conscious effort to eat better, the strangest thing has happened. I have been wanting seafood. For the record, I do eat a bit of seafood (cod, salmon, shrimp, scallops, tuna & crab cakes - not plain crab). But for as little as I eat, I prepare it myself even less. So for me to want shrimp, buy it, prepare it & plan to make it all again as soon as I go grocery shopping...what is going on here?! Well, whatever it is, it can stick around because this Roasted Garlic Shrimp is amazingly delicious!


*Please remember to use desired amounts.


•medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
•fresh garlic, minced
•paprika
•cayenne pepper
•sea salt
•coarse black pepper
•olive oil
•fresh lemon, halved
•aluminum foil

- In a larger bowl, combine paprika, cayenne pepper, sea salt & coarse black pepper. 
- Add minced garlic (don't skimp on this key ingredient), juice from at least half a lemon, olive oil (I went pretty heavy on this because I wanted a "sauce" to blend with my whole grain & wild rice and roasted asparagus - but the amount is completely up to you) & shrimp. 
- Thoroughly mix until shrimp is evenly coated.
- Cover & allow to marinate in the refrigerator at least 20-25 min. 
- Preheat oven to 450ยบ & line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. 
- If you went light on the olive oil in your marinade, you will need to spread a bit on your aluminum foil to help prevent the shrimp from sticking. 
- Roast the shrimp along with any extra marinade in the oven for 5-7 min. or until it turns pink. Just be sure to not overcook it. 
- Serve with lemon wedges.

Enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. OMG, this sounds and looks so yummy! Let me pin this for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! I have all of those ingredients except fresh lemon...I will have to make this soon. Pinned for later. Thanks for tagging me in the post!

    ReplyDelete